Ultra Leap Touchless Control
Small. Fast. Accurate. World-class hand tracking for anyone, anywhere.
10 March 2021
In a world where hygiene has become important, touching surfaces such as cash machines, computer screens etc has become a serious issue. RDS continuously looks out for new technologies and solutions to provide solutions for any project.
RDS has teamed up with UltraLeap, the world’s leading in hand tracking technology to provide solutions to control and interaction without directly touching the surface of a screen etc.. The Leap Motion Controller from Ultraleap is an optical hand tracking module that captures the movement of users’ hands and fingers so they can interact naturally with digital content. Small, fast, and accurate, the Leap Motion Controller can be used for productivity applications with Windows computers, integrated into enterprise grade hardware solutions or displays, or attached to virtual/augmented reality headsets for AR/VR/XR prototyping, research, and development.
The controller is capable of tracking hands within a 3D interactive zone that extends up to 60cm (24”) or more, extending from the device in a 140x120° typical field of view. Leap Motion‘s software is able to discern 27 distinct hand elements, including bones and joints, and track them even when they are obscured by other parts of the hand. An accessory component, the VR Developer Mount, allows for easy, reliable, and consistent attachment of the device to virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
The Leap Motion App Gallery features 75+ legacy desktop applications and a demo suite for virtual reality.
• Touchless public interfaces (interactive kiosks, digital out-of-home, elevators)
• Entertainment (location-based VR/AR experiences, arcades, amusement parks)
• Healthcare (stroke rehabilitation, training, mirror, medical imaging, lazy eye treatment)
• Therapy and education (anatomic visualizations, hands-on learning)
• Personnel training (flight simulators, complex computer systems)
• Industrial design and engineering (automotive, assembly lines, facilities management)
• Robotics (telepresence, robotic controls, AI-assisted teaching)
• Remote collaboration The Leap Motion Controller features a 140×120° field of view and an interactive tracking range of up to 60cm (24”) or more.
Robust and safety compliant The Leap Motion Controller is certified compliant to safety and electrical regulatory standards. Its robustness and external certification enable commercial projects, including sterile environments. Easy to integrate and use The Leap Motion Controller is designed for simple integration into customer applications and can be retro-fitted to existing concepts or hardware.
If you need a robust way to interact without touching the device RDS and Ultraleap have a solution. Please get in touch for more details.
01959 563 345